Partially successful submissions

Hello, I have just become a member (passed the test submission) and was going to upload my first proper collection of images. However, I wanted to know what happens to QC passed images in a submission which has some QC failed images. Will the passed images still be available for sales or will the entire submission become unavailable for sales? 

Apologies if this has been answered before. 

Hello,

None of the images in a submission which includes a failed image will be available for sale.

If you want the remaining pictures to go on sale you have resubmit them.

Good luck.

Edited by Mr Standfast
typo
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have some QC failed images in a submission it is normal for Alamy to reject the entire submission.

Read the Alamy guidance for contributors and make sure you thoroughly check all your pictures before uploading. My maxim for any image I'm not entirely sure about is - if in doubt, leave it out.

Edited by Dave Richards
added text.
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

I see you have 3 images approved presumably from your initial submission.

Just a quick point abstract descriptions like "a moment of clarity" might not be the best way to go.

Hi David, thanks for the reply. I haven't had the time to think about captions, tags etc. Just wanted to understand how to use this platform efficiently - e.g. upload lots of files in a submission or use smaller sets - so that partial failures don't make the entire set unavailable. 

Hello again,

Just for clarity, this is from the FAQ

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/quality-control/?section=4

Q. Why do you reject my whole submission if you find a problem with one of my images?
A. We receive over 100,000 images a day so it’s simply not possible for us to check every image. We check a small sample of your images and if all images in that sample are ok then we’ll pass the whole submission. If we find one failure then all images awaiting QC will fail.

We take the view that every image you submit should meet our QC standards so when we look at a random sample we expect it to represent the quality of all images submitted. Our top tip is to check all images at 100% (actual pixels) before you submit.

Pay attention to the phrase "all images awaiting QC". This includes multiple submissions pending QC.

Edited by Mr Standfast
addition..
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

I would do it the way I started out.  Submit small batches of 5 to 10 images and always check the quality before you submit.

Don't be tempted to submit marginal quality items as you are more likely to have them fail.

Excellent tip, David, thanks again. You are right about marginal quality images, I have many photos with a really nice impact/message but technically they will struggle to pass the QC. I must admit I was tempted to upload them but wanted to check what would happen to the submission if any of those got rejected. I feel much better informed now. Glad to see such nice support on the forum 🙂

On 03/02/2021 at 11:51, Mo Athar said:

, I have many photos with a really nice impact/message but technically they will struggle to pass the QC. I must admit I was tempted to upload them but wanted to check what would happen to the submission if any of those got rejected. 🙂

these may be better suited for the "Reportage" option.  You can apply for this through your Dashboard.  Much better than damaging your contributor rating in submitting borderline cases just to see, IF They fit the profile of Reportage.  I would think a "nice Impact" image may.

• Thanks 1