Hello everyone :),

I am wondering myself one thing out of curiousity.

Since years there are editorial images available at Microstock for much smaller prices then here on Alamy or other macro agencies.

Does anybody know what is the reason that costumers keeps buying on Macro agencies? Is there some benefits of getting images from Macrostock?

Mirco

Hello everyone :),

I am wondering myself one thing out of curiousity.

Since years there are editorial images available at Microstock for much smaller prices then here on Alamy or other macro agencies.

Does anybody know what is the reason that costumers keeps buying on Macro agencies? Is there some benefits of getting images from Macrostock?

Mirco

A lot, if not most, of the editorial images on microstock agencies are really bad and inaccurately captioned. That might be one reason buyers still use "macrostock." Also, there are still a few photographers smart enough not to put their editorial images on microstock sites, so traditional agencies like Alamy are the only places where these photos can be found. 

At the expense of appearing a 'bit thick' - what is the definition of Macrostock as against Microstock?   - just curious.

John

I'm not sure that "macrostock" is an accepted term. I believe that Mirco is referring to traditional, non-microstock, agencies like Alamy.

Archived