How to opt out of "person use"

RichardNixon

Question

Hi there,

I've been looking around the internet and the forums, but can't find any information about how to opt out of "personal use" sales.

I've seen it mentioned on the forums, but no detailed instructions.

I couldn't see it anywhere on my Dashboard, so I sent an email to Alamy.  I got a quick response, which basically said ask on the forums.  (couldn't they be bothered to look it up themselves?)

So here I am.  Any information would be gratefully received.

Hope you're all staying safe and looking forward to the New Year.

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, DJ Myford said:

Up to this point it has only been possible to opt out during April. Unless Alamy starts doing things differently, you will need to act when the window opens, or you will be locked in for another year.

There isn't a global account opt out for PU, only for distributor sales and novel use.

You can set an opt-out for individual images in Image Manager, on the "optional" tab. You can do it in big batches to save effort.

But since many ordinary licences are cheaper than PU anyway, I haven't done it myself except for one pseudo as an experiment.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, RichardNixon said:

I got a quick response, which basically said ask on the forums.  (couldn't they be bothered to look it up themselves?)

If it was a quick reply it may have been the standard auto-response which, if I remember correctly, does include a note to 'ask the forum'.  If it was the auto response you may still get a reply but it could be a while.  I expect they are busy at the moment, what with Covid, Christmas, Brexit, the apocalypse, etc (other portents of doom are available).  Merry Christmas...😎

Edited by Vincent Lowe
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

If it was a quick reply it may have been the auto-response which, if I remember correctly, does include a note to 'ask the forum'.  If it was the auto response you may still get a reply but it could be a while.  I expect they are busy at the moment, what with Covid, Christmas, Brexit, the apocalypse, etc (other portents of doom are available).  Merry Christmas...😎

Thanks Vincent.  I'm going to go through as spacecadet suggested and change them all as batches.

Merry Christmas to you too.