I have just noticed that most members are saving their images at more pixels  than me.. I use  light room and save all  my images at 4000 pix on the longest side @  300 res... jpegs  .. Now I thought that was enough but not sure now.. I have been using a Nikon D700  since it first came out a few years ago...so most of my images are from this camera..could I go for a bigger pix size or leave things as they are...some pics are from a Fiji film S5 Pro and small amount  from an old D200 ..

cheers   Barbara 

Quick answer. As long the file size is above the minimum then it is fine. There is, I think, a maximum limit but I'll never get close to that and neither will most other contributors. (There are of course exceptions, mostly stitched together panoramas and if you do go into that field then the upper limit for such imagery is in the guide lines). If not, 'Ask the Forum' or MS, in that order are your friends.

K.

I am sure Alamy asks us to send images at the native resolution so long as that is above the minimum accepted.  The images might as well be as large as possible without interpolation.

Pearl

I still submit all of my images at the original 48mb minimum standard. Creature of habit. Of course that means I'm downsizing most images from the native file sizes from my Canon 5DmkIII and 5DmkII's. I think the native file sizes from today's cameras are a bit overkill.

Marc

Archived