Adobe CC 2021

At the moment, I'm using Photoshop CC version 20.0.8 on Windows 7, both on my laptop and desktop.

While I'm travelling, I'm thinking of upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 to be able to download Photoshop CC 2021, as it's a pre-requisite for use.

When I get back to my desktop (currently in storage), will my Adobe subscription allow me to run different versions of Photoshop or do they have to be aligned? Anyone knows?

Shouldn't be a problem - I've got the latest version on my desktop and 20.0.6 on my laptop and it still runs.

Or rather it crawls on my old steam-driven laptop - but at least it opens (eventually)... 🥴 

Edited by Vincent Lowe
  • Love 1

I have both versions on my desktop just in case something doesn't run well. With the previous version I went back for a while.

This one, v22 seems to be difficult for left handed people. Not sure if this has been fixed by now.

So Adobe is fine with different versions running alongside each other. And the program doesn't mind other versions running either. However current Bridge 11 does. It overwrites all previous versions.

wim

• Love 1

Thank you Vincent and Wim for your replies. I had a horrible thought that both my laptop and worktop would be both made redundant. I think I'm going to go for a brand new laptop as the current one is very good but is beginning to struggle with PS. It will also save me from having to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. And I'll still be able to use my desktop if and when one day I return to 'civilization'. Cheers again.

12 minutes ago, Johnnie5 said:

This may help making a purchase.  It always helps to buy a computer with specs greater than the minimum requirements in order to future proof it.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Thanks for that John. Yes I had seen that list and am basing my future purchase on it. My current laptop was high end when I bought it but it's now 7 years old! It won't play videos in Photoshop Timeline any more and I want to do more videos with my drone.

• 3 weeks later...

My 4 year old laptop benefited from an SSD transplant as far as editing 4K video is concerned.  I put the operating system and photo and video editing programs on the SSD and moved the old spinney drive to the DVD slot for storage of files.  My desktop computer is 9 years old and needs a heart transplant soon.  I was hoping the government would come through with some stimulus money soon but I guess not this year.  Alamy sales haven't been good this year either, but I'm hopeful as more people get vaccinated demand for photos will begin to pick up. 

• Love 1

Photoshop crashes every time I open a photo with the latest version of Photoshop 2021 Version 22.1.0. Looking on the forums it seems to have a bug with this latest update. I have re installed the old version 22.0.1 and this has solved the problem -

to re install old version go to

Cloud > Apps click three dots(...) next to photoshop

Click other versions and install 22.0.1 or previous.

This solves the crashes.

Nigel

• Love 1