Keywords hierarchy lost in Bridge

I woke up this morning, opened up PS and Bridge and all my keyword hierachy of 15 years had gone. Totally blank.

I googled the issue and it seemed that I am not alone over the past year or months. I haven't updated anything, I have no automatic update set up for anything. I managed to restore from backup but it was taken at the beginning of my trip a year and a half ago... I am very up-to-date with my backups to external drive but keywords somehow slipped out of my mind.

Using Bridge 9.1.0.338 on Windows 7. In the past, I had sub-standard chats with Adobe support and am not keen to renew the experience. 

I also ran a virus check and it found nothing.

Has it happened to anyone else? Any idea of the cause??

Edited by gvallee

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

... I am very up-to-date with my backups to external drive but keywords somehow slipped out of my mind.

Do the keywords not back up when a catalog backup is performed? I back up my catalog any time I have done any work in it. I've been lazy about doing the hierarchy and am always glad when I've done it. So handy. I just can never remember whether the parent word is US or USA or United States or United States of America.

Paulette

7 hours ago, NYCat said:

Do the keywords not back up when a catalog backup is performed? I back up my catalog any time I have done any work in it. I've been lazy about doing the hierarchy and am always glad when I've done it. So handy. I just can never remember whether the parent word is US or USA or United States or United States of America.

Paulette

A catalog backup? Are you thinking Lightroom? This is in Bridge. I back them up by manually exporting them and saving them to a folder.