Payment threshold - more news

Alamy has lowered the payment threshold to $75 and no fees, but how will Alamy remove the $15 fee that Canadian banks charge for wire transfers to banks in Canada.

If I get a $75 payment from Alamy, I only receive $60. It only look good until you examine the details.

Dave

Dave - can't you receive payment via Paypal?  Paypal does not charge a $15 fee and they have a Visa card where you can withdraw cash from an ATM or you can spend it like a Visa card.

There are various options available aside from the wire transfer.

I think that is a problem with Canadian banks, not alamy. They cannot be held responsible for the actions of the banks

Kevin

Alamy has lowered the payment threshold to $75 and no fees, but how will Alamy remove the $15 fee that Canadian banks charge for wire transfers to banks in Canada.

If I get a $75 payment from Alamy, I only receive $60. It only look good until you examine the details.

Dave

Dave - can't you receive payment via Paypal?  Paypal does not charge a $15 fee and they have a Visa card where you can withdraw cash from an ATM or you can spend it like a Visa card.

There are various options available aside from the wire transfer.

Thanks, Ed. I've just signed up for Skrill. I'll see how that works.

Dave

Archived