My first stolen image

It is always annoying to find any image has been stolen or misused. Particularly when its impossible to do anything about it. I have found a few of my own on that forum from time to time. In this case however you might have some consolation for, as you probably know, your image contains a verse that is absolutely vital to the New Testament Gospel Message. It is contained in the Bible book of the Acts of The Apostles Chapter 4 v 12 when the Apostle Peter preached publicly the Gospel of The Grace of God after Jesus was raised from among the dead. It is a verse that is very precious to me and it brought joy to my heart to read it on your post first thing this morning at 7.20 am.

I sure hope it will be a blessing to many others who read it on Pinterest and even on this post. Take care

5 minutes ago, Futterwithtrees said:

In this case however you might have some consolation for, as you probably know, your image contains a verse that is absolutely vital to the New Testament Gospel Message.

Well, my image contained only a stencil graffiti of Jesus. The verse was added by the image thief. :)

15 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Well, my image contained only a stencil graffiti of Jesus. The verse was added by the image thief. :)

Must admit in that case such behaviour goes against the spirit of the Gospel. My early joy has been somewhat tempered by this. i have just seen that there is a facility to message the culprit and ask him to take the image down. https://id.pinterest.com/pin/636133516105959511/

Just developing the theme a little. I have had a number of wall murals and similar graffiti stencil images refused by other agencies on the grounds that I have not the permission of the original artist to copy them.  

1 hour ago, Futterwithtrees said:

Just developing the theme a little. I have had a number of wall murals and similar graffiti stencil images refused by other agencies on the grounds that I have not the permission of the original artist to copy them.  

Good point. One may argue, that plywood box texture and other graffitis and tags visible (shown more in the original image) give enough context to justify the image as an original piece.  I have loads of street art and some actual paintings at museums in my portfolio. None of them are marked exclusive, all are marked Sell for editorial only. Alamy has removed some of my San Francisco murals, that's all.

In my opinion, street art is very temporary art form. Almost like a performance. Shooting street art is part of street photography, perpetuating something that is soon gone.

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa
  • Love 1