Images deleted from my alamy portfolio

Hedgehog

Question

4 answers to this question

you will have to ask contributor relations for a definitive answer, but Alamy do not just delete images from your account. The most likely cause will be that you asked them to delete some that you uploaded twice. But as I say, only Alamy can answer

10 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Looking back at some of my portfolio images I have noticed that a handful of them have been deleted. Does any one know a reason for this?

Alamy would normally give you an email to state that they are deleting photos from your account. It's quite unusual. Possible reasons could be if you upload a Live News image to their Live News feed that they don't want (but you have to have Live News access to do that), or if you have taken a picture of artwork without showing any context around it.

• Love 1

Images that we have deleted ourselves show up in AIM with a black or gray band saying deleted over them.

The ones that Alamy deletes, do not show up at all. So you do have to know the Alamy ref # or your own filename.

However if an images has ever been sold, it still shows up in the Net revenue sales report.

wim