Analytics from the big G

Hi

Is anyone on here using Google Analytics /Trends to research keep tabs on emerging trends & searches? Not sure if the long lockdown has addled with my brain but I found it worth following. 

Is that a sign of mind avalanche? Anyone? 

👀

🤔

23 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Most of my visits in USA came from one city only. I eventually worked out that was where the Google Bots live. 

I don't get enough visitors to assess trends. 

Not really a website visits tracker or Google business account. I refer to live trends Google trends. I ll insert a link.

What if analysing trends and applying insights were to assist sales? Anyone experimenting by applying trend insights to shoots.

I suppose it may be similar in some sense to Alamy tracking client search terms incorporating into measures tool.

Its interesting material, you can set filters to specific countries regarding consumer trends searches or to specific subject areas if you were only interested in narrowing to particular sectors. 

https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/intl/en-gb/use-google-trends-discover-market-trends/

16 hours ago, R De Marigny said:

Yes it's worth looking into John

I have a PhotoShelter website, and I asked PS to add the appropriate URLs to the IPTC fields of all my images, which they did right away. It will be interesting to see if anything becomes of this. I don't know if the Google licensing program is something that Alamy can take advantage of, though.

6 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I have a PhotoShelter website, and I asked PS to add the appropriate URLs to the IPTC fields of all my images, which they did right away. It will be interesting to see if anything becomes of this. I don't know if the Google licensing program is something that Alamy can take advantage of, though.

Yes it is interesting but I am not sure that Goggle Images is worth worrying about or how many serious stock photography buyers use it to find images. I would expect that they go straight to the agencies they know rather than messing about on Google. 

Edited by geogphotos

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Yes it is interesting but I am not sure that Goggle Images is worth worrying about or how many serious stock photography buyers use it to find images. I would expect that they go straight to the agencies they know rather than messing about on Google. 

I expect you're correct about that. Same goes for licensing stock via social media.

Figure it's worth a try, though. PS was very good about helping out with the IPTC fields.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1