Anyone good at butterfly ID?

Lori Rider

Question

7 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Could you tell us where you photographed these?

Yes, sorry! It was at a butterfly garden in Westford, MA. I believe they have a lot of tropical butterflies. I couldn't find these on their ID materials.

1 hour ago, Lori Rider said:

Yes, sorry! It was at a butterfly garden in Westford, MA. I believe they have a lot of tropical butterflies. I couldn't find these on their ID materials.

If they aren't local to your area, then you probably should ask staff at the butterfly garden if they can ID them for you.   Most on-line ID groups want location for IDs.  There are some tropicals that are obvious and well known (zebra longwing, Blue Morphos), but a lot of them are not. 

24 minutes ago, Cecile Marion said:

You might check to see if the Westford butterfly garden has online id photos. That’s how I identified a tropical bird I photographed at my local museum/butterfly garden. 

That was a good suggestion! Unfortunately they only have 16 of their butterflies identified on their website, and none of them are these. :(