Is this a legit purchase?

Can any of you IT guys let me know if this is a real license of one of my pictures (Blackpool at night) or is it linked or swiped or what?

It's been there a while and I can't make out what it's all about. No sale has popped up on Alamy statement.

Thanks for any help.

http://rechronicles.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blackpool-illuminations.jpg

I usually get a screen grab and wait a couple of months if it is not a newspaper (otherwise 3 months) and then contact Alamy with a screen grab.  They usually get back pretty quick, but if its not via Alamy you have to chase up yourself.

hth

David

Ask MS - looks like its genuine - order details:

Original order summary at: www.alamy.com/Order-summary.asp?OrderID={B731A33B-1357-40D4-B44F-D8F10F7A7044} Your Ref: blackpool sri lanka cayman DY01113753 Downloaded: 18 November 2010 Alamy Ref: BHB03R

They can tell you if this is an old order (2010) recorded in the metadata - or genuine new one - send them a screengrab and the URL.

Can any of you IT guys let me know if this is a real license of one of my pictures (Blackpool at night) or is it linked or swiped or what?

It's been there a while and I can't make out what it's all about. No sale has popped up on Alamy statement.

Thanks for any help.

http://rechronicles.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blackpool-illuminations.jpg

It seems to exactly the same size as this from Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1333840/Blackpool-illuminations-Christmas-break-New-Victorian-nostalgia-attracts-Prince-William-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

I would be sceptical, save screendumps, etc. for evidence., and wait the 90 days.

Niels

Oh, milouvision just beat me ;-)

The picture in the Daily Mail also contains the order reference number {B731A33B-1357-40D4-B44F-D8F10F7A7044} quoted by DavidC. The order date is ten days before the Daily Mail article was published so it looks like it was lifted from the Mail.

Thanks guys for your input - here was I wondering about just one possible problem ;-)  --- good ol' Daily Mail

This image has always done well - looks as though it has been doing better than I, or my bank account, realised.   :angry:

What a load of infringements to wade through....

Might be worth turning those over to IPP or someone similar, unless you fancy giving the new small claims track a try.

It's worth going back a few years, as I've just discovered- a lift from a sale in late 2009 has just turned up in a paint brochure.

Archived