FTP transfer and titles missing

Hi everyone, Alamy newbie here; something to do whilst locked down during the virus crisis!

I just uploaded 2,500 images by FTP transfer, they were all titled and captioned in Lightroom before doing so but as I look at them in my Alamy Image Manager, waiting in Quality Control they are all showing file names instead of titles! Will the titles be in place once the images have passed quality control or delete everything now, find out what went wrong and start again?

It seems I can reply with the answer myself now; as my images have passed QC and all the captions are there :) The only slight issue I have now is that it seems Alamy does not take anything from the 'Title' field of images, only from the caption field.

This causes a slight issue with lots of my older images, as when I completed their metadata in Aperture/ Lightroom I entered title/ description info in the 'Title' field and only the capture month/year in the 'Caption' field, thus leaving me with hundreds of images in Alamy with only a month and year as a title/ caption...much work to be done! 🤣

On 28/04/2020 at 13:32, Martin Tosh said:

It seems I can reply with the answer myself now; as my images have passed QC and all the captions are there :) The only slight issue I have now is that it seems Alamy does not take anything from the 'Title' field of images, only from the caption field.

This causes a slight issue with lots of my older images, as when I completed their metadata in Aperture/ Lightroom I entered title/ description info in the 'Title' field and only the capture month/year in the 'Caption' field, thus leaving me with hundreds of images in Alamy with only a month and year as a title/ caption...much work to be done! 🤣

if you are using Lightroom then this plugin will do the job for you:  https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/jbeardsworth/findreplace/index.php?sec=transfer

SRT-tab3-transfer_opt.jpg

That looks a very handy tool! Thanks for the tip, Julie, I will definitely check it out. I think most of most of my 'problem' images are from when I was using Aperture, but I have recently moved them into a new separate Lightroom catalogue as Aperture is no longer supported after my last Mac OS update. I guess the easiest thing would be to delete the relevant images from Alamy, then use the plugin to sort the images in LR and re upload to Alamy

3 minutes ago, Martin Tosh said:

I guess the easiest thing would be to delete the relevant images from Alamy, then use the plugin to sort the images in LR and re upload to Alamy

Alamy are not working normally for obvious reasons but I know from this forum that they are sometimes prepared to take a csv  spreadsheet file to correct or import data. If they did this then all you would need to do is to download your data from your AIM page and correct the data on the spreadsheet, then send it back to them. The trouble with deleting them, assuming they've gone live, is that it can 6 months for them to disappear. Might be worth sending contributors@alamy.com an email. That plug-in will then help you sort them out in Lightroom, very useful.

1 minute ago, Martin Tosh said:

I'm just trying the free trial of the plugin now to at least get them sorted in LR.

Another plugin that people recommend on here is the Lightroom Alamy Bridge plugin by Jim Keir, it's £25.

https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php

I haven't used it but I think (rather than know!) that if you fixed them in Lightroom then this would fix them on Alamy.

• Love 1