Found an unregistered sale on a website

Su Pei

Question

I found one of my images on a website last weekend that hasn't been registered as sold in my sales history (yet). It had my full credit, and it also included five other fully credited Alamy pics, so I'm assuming that it's on the up and up. In addition, the Alamy form for unauthorized use says: "Remember, some customers confirm use after publication so it might take a few months for your sale to be processed".

Still, it's the first time I've found one of my pictures before it's been reported, so I'm wondering if this is common, and how long others have had to wait before it is reported.

Perry

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/china/articles/the-great-face-mask-debate-the-great-face-mask-debate/

Edited by Su Pei

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Su Pei said:

so I'm wondering if this is common, and how long others have had to wait before it is reported.

Yes this is common. You need to wait up to 3 months from the date of publication. If it's not appeared in your sales report by then, fill in Alamy's Unauthorised use form. In the meantime make sure you make a note of the URL and take a screenshot including your image and the site's URL, so you have evidence. Given that the publisher has included the full Alamy credit I'd be quite optimistic that this use will be reported.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 3