Who can help me with my upload problems?

Peter Rabenstein

Question

Hey there,

I have tried to upload some pictures at Alamy, but all I get is this notice:

Unsuitable Camera
Sorry, but this camera doesn't produce images of high enough quality for our requirements. For more info, see our FAQs.

I have no idea whats wrong!? My Camera is a Lumix TZ 1010 with a 1" Sensor and 20 Megapixel. The resolution and sharpness of my pictures is much more than requiered. So hwat is the problem? I would be very happy if anyboday could give me a helping advise.

Thank you very much in advance!
Peter Rabenstein

7 answers to this question

On 07/03/2020 at 18:34, Peter Rabenstein said:

Hey there,

I have tried to upload some pictures at Alamy, but all I get is this notice:

Unsuitable Camera
Sorry, but this camera doesn't produce images of high enough quality for our requirements. For more info, see our FAQs.

I have no idea whats wrong!? My Camera is a Lumix TZ 1010 with a 1" Sensor and 20 Megapixel. The resolution and sharpness of my pictures is much more than requiered. So hwat is the problem? I would be very happy if anyboday could give me a helping advise.

Thank you very much in advance!
Peter Rabenstein

It's not all about the sensor and the megapixels. The lens is critical too. I couldn't find a review of a TZ 1010. Is that the right model no? If it's the Lumix TZ100 then I imagine Alamy might be sceptical that a 10x zoom on a compact camera is going to be good enough quality, although it does look like it might be.

If you're confident in the quality then try emailing contributor services (contributors@alamy.com) as they sometimes change their minds as to which cameras should be on their unacceptable list.

Mark

14 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

The resolution and sharpness of my pictures is much more than required

So you say, but the standards you have to meet are Alamy's, not yours.

I've taken a look at the gallery on dpreview and some of those images would pass QC IMO, but some are borderline. Carefully processed RAWS at low ISOs are the order of the day. The long end of the zoom and wide apertures are hopeless. It's oddly inconsistent.

Perhaps QC will reconsider and actually look at your samples, but I would be thinking about upgrading to APS-C.

If you were to post some images at 100% (less is pointless) opinions could be offered here.

Edited by spacecadet

Thank you very much for the information! But the problem was, that I got the message about the Cameratype already a milisecond after uploading it. So there was nobody physically checking the picture. Seemes it was a marker that was given by the Camera Picture Informations. The comment was that THIS Camera (in general) cant produce good quality pictures ... and that is definately wrong :(

Strictly speaking Alamy don't recommend any sensor below micro 4/3 but clearly the Sony RX100 series get through OK. Since it was an automatic disqualification then as Mark says you need to ask contributors@alamy.com if they are positive that they don't want images from that camera, they've certainly been known to change their minds, though I'm not sure if I can recall them changing it for a 1" sensor.

1 hour ago, Peter Rabenstein said:

Thank you very much for the information! But the problem was, that I got the message about the Cameratype already a milisecond after uploading it. So there was nobody physically checking the picture. Seemes it was a marker that was given by the Camera Picture Informations. The comment was that THIS Camera (in general) cant produce good quality pictures ... and that is definately wrong :(

I think Alamy's uploader software carries out some basic checks and can reject images straight-away if they don't comply with the rules. 

Mark