Locating Images

C3CDG

Question

Excitedly I have now had my first two submission passed. Thanks to your help on the forum I have managed to tag and super-tag them and half are now showing as 'on sale'

How do I find them on the site? Clearly they must be last on the pages in their subject matter and I realise that not all of us will get images on the first pages, so what do I do next to bring them forward for attention?

Thanks, in advance, for any help

4 answers to this question

Congratulations! Your pix should start off in the middle (not the bottom).

Upload your best stuff and tag them accurately... and your pix should rise in the rankings. With three pix online, you should have a sale or two any day now. If not, just send me a fiver, and I'll sort it out...

PS: Are you related to R2D2??

Edited by John Morrison
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Congratulations! Your pix should start off in the middle (not the bottom).

Upload your best stuff and tag them accurately... and your pix should rise in the rankings. With three pix online, you should have a sale or two any day now. If not, just send me a fiver, and I'll sort it out...

PS: Are you related to R2D2??

John, I believe you misspelled decades - it does not spell day ;) - if you can spare half of the fiver, send to me please :) 

C3cdg, keep in mind you are competing with a few million pix. and to be frank your initial three may not yet compete too well.  

2 hours ago, C3CDG said:

Excitedly I have now had my first two submission passed. Thanks to your help on the forum I have managed to tag and super-tag them and half are now showing as 'on sale'

How do I find them on the site? Clearly they must be last on the pages in their subject matter and I realise that not all of us will get images on the first pages, so what do I do next to bring them forward for attention?

Thanks, in advance, for any help

Keywording and captioning them accurately would help. For example I don't think there's any hawthorn in any of your images. If there are closeups of plants and berries etc. it's essential to include the correct name or you won't get anywhere.

Mark

• Like 1

I don't think it is a good idea to simply copy a group of tags into unrelated images. For example all three images have the tag "landscape" but only one could be considered a landscape. As mentioned above, none of the images are of hawthorn, but the tag is included in each of them.

Pictures of plants (& animals) should have accurate names including if possible scientific names.

Keywording is as (perhaps more) important as the quality of the image itself and the best advice we can offer is that you start as you mean to go on. It is really hard to retrospectively keyword hundreds or thousands of images.