Double sale?

Steve Tucker

Question

So today I see one image sold twice to presumably the same client. At first I thought the second was a credit, but apparently not, both identical as below. So why would this be?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 October 2019
End: 01 October 2024
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

5 answers to this question

Only Alamy can answer for certain in any particular case, so you may want to contact Contributor Relations if you would like reassurance. However, I have had double, apparently identical, sales in the past, which Alamy assured me were correct and we're, in time, paid out in full. I didn't inquire into the minutiae of why it was done this way, but I would guess it related to two different kinds of publication by the same publisher using the same story or article.

• Love 1

Thank you Joseph and Allan much appreciated. I don't have many stock images so it's always nice when I do make a sale, I was just a bit unsure whether they would both go through or be disappointed at some later point.

This year had been fairly good for me, 14 sales for under 500 images seems okay to me considering I have very few recent uploads and as I am just about to be made redundant at work I wonder whether to have a bit of a run at stock. Not that I am under any illusions of making any real money at it but I am trying to get into video production and this may be a bit of a filler.