Access to My Alamy reports via VPN

I'm experimenting with NordVPN to enhance my internet security when using Wi-Fi hotspots. Everything I've tried so far seems to work fine except that, depending on which UK based VPN server I select, I find that I can't access "My Alamy" in Alamy Measures and an error message appears message saying that Alamy has unexpectedly disconnected. The behaviour is repeatable. Some of the UK servers are fine, others are not. It's as if Alamy is blocking access to certain sections of "My Alamy" based on the IP address of the server requesting the info. Maybe Alamy have seen malicious activity being originated through some VPN servers and so have blocked them?

Is anyone else using VPN, and if so are you seeing this issue?

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

6 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

if you get it again, post the server number and I'll try on my account 

Thanks. I will.

I just tried half a dozen different UK servers and they all worked fine. Maybe I was just unlucky. Unfortunately I didn't write down the two servers that gave me problems, and with over 600 UK based servers to choose from it could take a long time to find it again as they've already disappeared from my recents list.

Mark  

• 2 years later...

There might be a problem with the VPN that you use. You can also try using a proxy server for this. This might sound weird, but Indian proxy servers are sometimes better than most VPNs because they are simpler and allow you to do many things that are more troublesome with a VPN, such as a website availability check or ad verification and SEO monitoring. You can also use a proxy to reach websites that are not reachable using a VPN. The concurrent sessions are unlimited, and the coverage is worldwide, so you can choose any place on the earth to reach a website you need.

Edited by Victorino