Adobe Camera Raw (2019 cc) No Camera Profiles !

I've just updated Adobe Photoshop 2019 CC  Camera Raw and I no longer have camera profiles.  My camera is set to Adobe Standard and there is no longer and profile for it - only a profile named Matrix.

Re-installing Photoshop 2019 CC has not made any difference.

Any suggestions?

Just updated myself after reading:

26 minutes ago, John Walker said:

I've just updated Adobe Photoshop 2019 CC  Camera Raw and I no longer have camera profiles.  My camera is set to Adobe Standard and there is no longer and profile for it - only a profile named Matrix.

Any suggestions?

And so far everything seems fine. Under setup, just above lens profile, do you have an option reset lens profile defaults? Mine is greyed out.

I'm guessing You do have Enable Profile Corrections checked, otherwise that whole section is greyed out or dimmed out.

The recent RX100 cameras have a profile built-in and are showing Lens Profile: Make: Built-in. It's possible to go to the make list, but there's no camera profile there: the RAW is precooked and no way to un-cook it with ACR. But that has been the case all along, so nothing new.

Googling camera profile and matrix in ACR bring up many messages going back many versions, so it's not specific to this update. It's all about missing profiles.

Could it be this is the same problem we had before with two versions of Photoshop running?

Probably of no help, but here is the new features page on Adobe Help. And from there the list of supported lenses is here.

wim

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Walker said:

Any suggestions?

Not come across this but two possibilities I can think of:

1. In the camera profile box, click the dropdown and at the bottom you should see an option to Browse - you should see a load of camera profiles. You can make them permanent by making one a favourite.

2. Are you working on raw files? If not, then you will not be able to use profiles.

• Thanks 1

Thanks MDM

Yes, I always work in RAW.   When I click on Browse there are no Adobe profiles following the update like there used to be.

Where it used to show Adobe Standard, there is now a Yellow warning triangle and a pop-up that says Profile Not Installed or Rendering is Incorrect.

I can see other users have had the same problem but I haven't found an answer that has solved the issue.

John

It sounds like ACR is not able to find the profiles. I am a Mac user and am not seeing any problems with any camera profiles either for my Nikons or RX100 VA. I think you mentioned recently in another thread that you are on a PC so maybe it is a matter of checking that ACR can find the profiles. Is it the same in Lightroom? Your best bet might be the Adobe forums rather than here.

• Love 1

Solved.  I normally download updates via the 'Adobe Creative Cloud' app.  I re-loaded a number of times via the app with the same result.

I then found a direct link to the download on the Adobe site.  Downloaded and it works perfectly.  The Adobe Creative Cloud app must be picking up something different.

John

9 hours ago, John Walker said:

Solved.  I normally download updates via the 'Adobe Creative Cloud' app.  I re-loaded a number of times via the app with the same result.

I then found a direct link to the download on the Adobe site.  Downloaded and it works perfectly.  The Adobe Creative Cloud app must be picking up something different.

John

Great! Does yours have profiles for Olympus lenses? Mine doesn't and somehow I'm unable to locate them.

wim

6 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Great! Does yours have profiles for Olympus lenses? Mine doesn't and somehow I'm unable to locate them.

wim

This is the only reference to Olympus that I could find in one of the .dat files.

<stCamera:Make>OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.</stCamera:Make>
                  <stCamera:Model>E-M1</stCamera:Model>
                  <stCamera:Lens>10.5mm F0.95</stCamera:Lens>
                  <stCamera:LensPrettyName>Voigtlander MFT 10.5mm f/0.95 Nokton Aspherical</stCamera:LensPrettyName>
                  <stCamera:CameraPrettyName>E-M1</stCamera:CameraPrettyName>
                  <stCamera:CameraRawProfile>True</stCamera:CameraRawProfile>

4 hours ago, John Walker said:

This is the only reference to Olympus that I could find in one of the .dat files.

<stCamera:Make>OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.</stCamera:Make>
                  <stCamera:Model>E-M1</stCamera:Model>
                  <stCamera:Lens>10.5mm F0.95</stCamera:Lens>
                  <stCamera:LensPrettyName>Voigtlander MFT 10.5mm f/0.95 Nokton Aspherical</stCamera:LensPrettyName>
                  <stCamera:CameraPrettyName>E-M1</stCamera:CameraPrettyName>
                  <stCamera:CameraRawProfile>True</stCamera:CameraRawProfile>

Yes thank you! Very helpful.

Found it in 2 seconds now.

wim (slaps forehead)

• Thanks 1