Tags Order importance and Reorder?

pault

Question

Hi,

I have some questions about tags please. 

1. When editing in image manager, is it important the order the tags are in? ie should the most important tags be at the top?

2.  How do you reorder tags? When I try to drag and drop a tag it combines the tag I am trying to move with the tag in the position I am moving it to. I can't seem to be able to drop it in between tags. I am using the Chrome browser. 

Thanks

Paul

6 answers to this question

Hi.
Being used to the metadata keywords in Lightroom for example, I kind of expected the tags to be reordered alphabetically in Alamy.  
I'm assuming you know that the supertags automatically go to the top?  These are the tags you think are most appropriate to your image, and you can create them by clicking on the star once you have created the tag. The star will turn blue. This also helps raise the discoverability of your image. You can have up to 10 supertags per image.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Alamy says the order doesn't matter but I'm not so sure. The only way to reorder would be to delete and then add them in the order you prefer. The supertags definitely are ordered in the order you select them.

Paulette

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, NYCat said:

The supertags definitely are ordered in the order you select them.

No knowledge of how it might affect discoverability but the action of selecting a Supertag moves it out of the Keyword data field and into the Supertag field so it's natural that they will retain the order in which they are selected. I hadn't realised that there were two separate fields until I downloaded the csv.

• Thanks 1

On 29/08/2019 at 02:43, pault said:

Hi,

I have some questions about tags please. 

1. When editing in image manager, is it important the order the tags are in? ie should the most important tags be at the top?

2.  How do you reorder tags? When I try to drag and drop a tag it combines the tag I am trying to move with the tag in the position I am moving it to. I can't seem to be able to drop it in between tags. I am using the Chrome browser. 

Thanks

Paul

Nice images Paul - when I move house I may buy your pic of The Rocks and the Bridge. Reminds me so much of the journey into Sydney that I made many times with my father. The Rocks was also an old haunt :) Cant move until after January next year, so have put the image in a lightbox for now.