"What should I shoot" list on Alamy

paul4laffs

Question

I clicked on the "What should I shoot" link and it brought up a long list of very specific "needs." My question: If I have photos that fit and click the box that says I uploaded that photo, what happens? Is there an advantage? Does someone who requested a photo get notified so they can review and possibly purchase? I'd shoot the "needs" if I knew that they'd be promoted. Thanks. Just curious.

7 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Stephen Lloyd said:

There is a good clue about keywords and search criteria in there. I recommend making sure your images have the words so they can be found

has it ever gotten you results.  

I look at something like "French locations From the iconic to the remote, urban and rural, coast and inland"  Do you go and just past this is your KW?  

I suggest you look at Alamy measures, see what keywords are being searched. You can see "Mustela putoriuss" there for Latin names and "zvartnots" also "zurich schipfe" for local names. I am not suggesting put bateau in alongside boat, but proper names do put in. 

Edited by Stephen Lloyd
Typo spelling

Interesting information from a "picture need" tweet today

"#AlamyPicNeeds: French locations - From the iconic to the remote, urban and rural, coast and inland. #travel #stockphotography"

this being so vague, i asked how customers would be looking for these.... this is the reply from the team:

"In our effort to target French customers picture needs these are the areas we need increased content in."

so the need was not a specific request,

I just logged on to also ask whether anyone has found shooting to the "what should i shoot" list (as against looking for zero result queries in AoA), because when i randomly checked a couple of the terms they had plenty of decent quality existing results! For example, El Rey Ruins is on the list currently, as is St James Hotel and Club. Both perfectly well covered when you do a normal search.

So, is there any point at all in looking at that list?!

• Love 2

3 hours ago, KateR said:

I just logged on to also ask whether anyone has found shooting to the "what should i shoot" list (as against looking for zero result queries in AoA), because when i randomly checked a couple of the terms they had plenty of decent quality existing results! For example, El Rey Ruins is on the list currently, as is St James Hotel and Club. Both perfectly well covered when you do a normal search.

So, is there any point at all in looking at that list?!

Kate, that’s what I was wondering. Wish someone from Alamy could answer us. 

• Love 1