Understanding Balance of Account, especially the summary

rickygui

Question

Good day Peeps,

I am getting myself in mad maze to identify the different between Debit, Credit to Balance. Debit is still own, credit is already go into your acount? 

Another, in my account summary,

Balance brought forward $33.04
Total sales is $1041.65
Commission / charges is $-540.62
Total payments to me is $-320.76
Balance carried forward is $213.31

Cleared Balance $176.84

How does the Cleared Balance came out to be $176.84?
Total sales is the total cost of all images sold or is what am pay for in total sales?

Sorry if this is a repeated question, if there is any link to a detailed explaination please let me know. 

3 answers to this question

Total sales is the gross value - how much clients have paid for your images in total before any deductions.

Balance carried forward is the amount that you are waiting to be paid - it includes invoices that have been paid and those that haven't yet been paid/cleared to Alamy

Cleared balance shows invoices that have been paid to Alamy, the money is now cleared and ready for payment next month. 

Edited by geogphotos

https://www.alamy.com/alamycontributorreports/Reports.aspx?Rep=2

This link is under that button Download sales report on your dashboard page. Which doesn't download right away (which is good), but leads you to a page where you can download the Net revenue sales report.

Set the dates to today and 3 or more months back and play around with the Date paid; Date of invoice and Date cleared setting.

Usually I find Date of Invoice most practical.

(You have to be logged in.)

wim