Anti Virus software

Or do your self a proper favour, get off the software upgrade treadmill, and have a really fast, stable and robust OS with no virus issues - Linux (my clone of choice - Mint 64 bit ) for everything. I have been running dual boot alongside Windows for 18 months and almost never have to log into windows now - actually did so for the first time since May 2013 just the other day. I have processed may 10k images since then.

Out of interest what software are you using to process your images on Linux?

Out of interest what software are you using to process your images on Linux?

Or do your self a proper favour, get off the software upgrade treadmill, and have a really fast, stable and robust OS with no virus issues - Linux (my clone of choice - Mint 64 bit ) for everything. I have been running dual boot alongside Windows for 18 months and almost never have to log into windows now - actually did so for the first time since May 2013 just the other day. I have processed may 10k images since then.

Breezebrowser running under wine (emulator) does a good job but even better and for the majority Rawtherapee Version: 4.0.11.0 64 bit which is native for Linux and hugely configurable

Interesting. I already use Breeze Downloader for downloading and Breeze Browser as an image browser but have never liked the quality of its RAW conversions. Must take another look at Rawtherapee.

Update... Just took another look at Rawtherapee - it seems to have improved a lot since I last looked. For a free RAW convertor it seems to do pretty well. Based on a test of just 1 tricky RAW file from my Lumix G5 it seems to be extracting a bit more detail than LR4. The automatic CA removal and defringing seem pretty good too. I like the fact that you don't need to import the files into a library before you can process them. I must find time to take a longer look at this convertor. It doesn't seem to understand the lens distortion correction parameters built into Lumix RAW files though.

PS. Sorry for the off topic posting.

Archived