Alamy Ligtroom Bridge export matching problems

Hi

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere. I have a number of files that aren't matching between Lightroom and Alamy through Lightroom bridge.

I can see the cause but not the solution.

The files in question have all failed QC and then been resubmitted and passed. With both submissions my file name remained the same however Alamy allocated a different reference for them both.

Alamy Bridge is matching with the failed version and subsequently is not bringing across any data and tags etc and marking them as not on sale.

I have read the manual and tried many combinations of options in the export function but cant seem to find a way to force Lightroom bridge to match the file name with the passed Alamy reference and not the failed on.

Has anyone come across this and any thoughts of the best solution?

Many thanks

Edited by Tim Jones

The same happens if you submit a new updated version of an image.

Have you tried clearing the Alamy data for the affected images in Lightroom? That often works but it depends on your matching criteria as to whether it will correctly match the newer images on Alamy.

I match by filename only and when stuck have found that renaming the files in lightroom to match the version of my filename Alamy have applied to the newer image works (usually they append _1 from memory). You still need to clear the Alamy data in Lightroom for those images before re-syncing but once matched you can rename the images back to their correct filename in lightroom and the images remain linked. Hope that is of use.

Craig

You can either do as Craig suggests, or you can manually put the correct Alamy reference into the Alamy section in Lr. Then it will match the photos. Hopefully there aren't too many of them.

1 minute ago, Sally said:

You can either do as Craig suggests, or you can manually put the correct Alamy reference into the Alamy section in Lr. Then it will match the photos. Hopefully there aren't too many of them.

Good point! Last time I did that, that feature of plugin wasn't working correctly and it kept reverting back so I'd forgotten about it. It was quickly fixed I hasten to add.

Brilliant thank you both for your help.

It works by renaming the Alamy Reference in Lightroom. I thought I had tried that before but had export set to ignore. I have now set to merge and it works.

Only have 45 so not too much work