Classic car Identification

spacecadet

Question

12 answers to this question

Hmm I thought that would be easy with those numbers.

Here is the mille miglia 2019 lista partecipanti.

However not so quick: there are no racing numbers, just the names of the drivers.

Which is sufficient if you can read those at full size. Still weird: a list with no numbers. Maybe it's somewhere else.

The list does include the year of construction though, which is very thoughtful.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Hmm I thought that would be easy with those numbers.

Here is the mille miglia 2019 lista partecipanti.

However not so quick: there are no racing numbers, just the names of the drivers.

Which is sufficient if you can read those at full size. Still weird: a list with no numbers. Maybe it's somewhere else.

The list does include the year of construction though, which is very thoughtful.

wim

Thanks, I had tried that, obviously not hard enough. I can read most of the driver names and most of the cars I can identify.

Perhaps you get your number when you turn up.

Thanks all, I'll put up any more really hard ones.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

This may be a long shot, but it's an Italian Red Cross van. Probably not a Fiat if that helps.

TD1Y51.jpg

The ambulance is a 1957 Fiat 1100 according to a couple of microstock sites, which all have the same image of your vehicle.

wim

#304 Evoli Aguado Humberto (Mex) Evoli Candiani Paloma (Mex) Mupa Jaguar XK140 OTS SE Roadster (1954)

#344 (the large white 342 has been crossed out) #344 Boglioli Mario (I) Pezzia Enrica (I) Deutsche Bank, Osca MT4 1100 (1952)

#351 Swallow Richard (GB) Swallow Fiona (GB) Deutsche Bank, MG A (1955)

via:  http://hjbrouwer.wixsite.com/njoy-media/2019-8-mm-menu (in dutch - but not too complicated)

wim

Thanks all.

Wim, that's marvellous, you seem to be able to find anything, anywhere, but pix of every entrant is quite something. Now I can identify them I may put up some more.

Incidentally the Osca appears to be worth north of €1,000,000.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/pa19/paris/lots/r0005-1955-osca-mt4-2ad-1350-by-morelli/729216

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Thanks all.

Wim, that's marvellous, you seem to be able to find anything, anywhere, but pix of every entrant is quite something. Now I can identify them I may put up some more.

Incidentally the Osca appears to be worth north of €1,000,000.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/pa19/paris/lots/r0005-1955-osca-mt4-2ad-1350-by-morelli/729216

Aww. What a car! It's basically a Maserati by another name.

I was still looking for an official race numbers list. My guess is that you have to do it in Italian.

This one is by a Dutch photographer. His website says there will be Flickr albums, but they're not active yet.

Somehow I cannot get the page to be translated into English. Both Chrome and Google Translate.

Which is a shame, because the site is huge and a true treasure trove for classic car enthusiasts. They have a magazine in Dutch: AutoFocus. 😉

They really should do an English version. Or at least put it together in a way that Google Translate can access the content.

wim