Registering Photoshop to another program

Bryan

Question

Hi

Just acquired a new laptop and installed Sony's latest raw converter Imaging Edge (looks interesting). I want to automate the transfer of 16 bit TIFFs to CS4 and the instructions say "Register Photoshop to Imaging Edge". No idea how to register to another program in PS CS4!  The previous version of Sony's software automatically connected to PS, but it seems I have to do this myself now. 

I guess that I can just save the TIFFs to disc and open in PS, but prefer not to have to do that if possible.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

I don't use the app but I found this info on the Sony website. Basically you can't register it in Photoshop. You need to register Photoshop in Imaging Edge. Not sure what it all means. Sounds painful.

Did you ever think of taking out the Adobe subscription (JOKE 🤣)?

Thanks Paulette, yes tried Mr Google and that found me the partial solution, i.e Register Photoshop to Imaging Edge, problem is I don't know how to do that!

I can't find any command related to registering in CS4, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places?

7 hours ago, MDM said:

I don't use the app but I found this info on the Sony website. Basically you can't register it in Photoshop. You need to register Photoshop in Imaging Edge. Not sure what it all means. Sounds painful.

Did you ever think of taking out the Adobe subscription (JOKE 🤣)?

Thanks Mick, that worked and  wasn't as painful as it might have been! Don't know why I couldn't find it, you are clearly possessed of magical powers!

It is possible to transfer a 16 bit TIFF directly into PS CS4 from Sony Imaging Edge

Re the subscription, I promise to give it consideration on the occasion of my next $$$$ sale, although the last ( and only) time that happened I invested the cash in a new wide angle lens that has since earned its keep. 😉

Glad it helped Bryan. Actually I found the Sony help file and it was in there. Probably helped by the fact that I recently purchased a Sony RX-100 (first Sony camera) and I had been rooting around on the site recently. I have never had a $$$$ sale or anything remotely near it.  I doubt I ever will.

Archived