WARNING Double check that you have removed exclusive from any images you intend for other sites

To anyone who has taken images previously marked exclusive,  double check you have changed their status.

I am mortified to have just received a warning email and found when I checked none of my images had changed from exclusive despite me doing changes back in November with the first announcements.  I fully accept I probably did screw up somewhere - it would make more sense if it was only a few images but it was all of the ones I had as exclusive - none of them had changed.  Just in case there was an issue please check - I don't want anyone getting one of those emails.

My sincerest apologies to Alamy and all staff - I will triple check tomorrow that the changes I have just done have worked.

How do you check? I haven't currently got any exclusive, as far as I know, but can see it would be easy to tick "only available on Alamy"  by mistake, when aiming for the "editorial only" box. Is there a way to globally select exclusive files?

1 hour ago, scotstock said:

How do you check? I haven't currently got any exclusive, as far as I know, but can see it would be easy to tick "only available on Alamy"  by mistake, when aiming for the "editorial only" box. Is there a way to globally select exclusive files?

In the Alamy Image Manager there is a filter for exclusive and non exclusive under 'Attributes'. You have to scroll down the list of attributes to see it.

ETA. Thanks for raising this. I used the filters to check my own and was surprised how many of my exclusive to Alamy images I had failed to tick as exclusive. Ten minutes work rectified that oversight.

45 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

In the Alamy Image Manager there is a filter for exclusive and non exclusive under 'Attributes'. You have to scroll down the list of attributes to see it.

ETA. Thanks for raising this. I used the filters to check my own and was surprised how many of my exclusive to Alamy images I had failed to tick as exclusive. Ten minutes work rectified that oversight.

Thanks! I had looked at the list several times, but hadn't noticed you could scroll down. Luckily, I don't have any at the moment, though thinking of trying some later in the year.

Curious, I only have two exclusive images (I'm sure I have more that are only on Alamy but I am wary of the exclusive button) and these have both been recently zoomed. I never have many zooms, generally single figures but just thought a bit odd that they were zoomed, I was hoping they would be converted into sales.......

Archived