mobile photos automatically rejected?

I just tried submitting some iphone 8 photos to the archive but they were rejected by the server. Does the system detect them as mobile photos and reject them, even if they meet all the other quality criteria? (These were taken in good light without any blur and fairly large pixel size).

I know there is a specific app for mobile photos, but I wanted to file via my desktop after doing some editing.

the submission guidelines give you all the requirements necessary to upload to Alamy, you obviously already know whats required re images from your camera.  If you wish to load mobile phone images you need to use Stockimo the Alamy 'division' that accepts mobile images

7 minutes ago, george said:

the submission guidelines give you all the requirements necessary to upload to Alamy, you obviously already know whats required re images from your camera.  If you wish to load mobile phone images you need to use Stockimo the Alamy 'division' that accepts mobile images

Thanks for your reply. I'll take it from you say that mobile photos are indeed rejected automatically. It seems somewhat old-fashioned but there you go. I'll check out Stockimo - though your suggestion of uploading to Dropbox and then via the mobile seems like a lot of work.

Alamy state they don't accept mobile phone images here:

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3

"

We currently don’t accept mobile/cell phone stock photography through FTP or Alamy upload but photos taken on a mobile/cell phone can be uploaded via our iPhone app Stockimo.

If you take photos on your iPhone and want to make some money, download Stockimo, share your photos and we’ll sell them on Alamy and through our distribution network. There’s lots of information on our help page and over on the Stockimo website. Download Stockimo from the App Store and start uploading now."

31 minutes ago, Richard Gray said:

It seems somewhat old-fashioned but there you go. I'll check out Stockimo - though your suggestion of uploading to Dropbox and then via the mobile seems like a lot of work.

In many ways I tend to agree with you given that images uploaded via Stockimo end up in exactly the same place (i.e. Alamy's marketplace) as images uploaded via FTP or Alamy upload. But it's their game, their rules.

19 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

AFAIK there isn't yet a phone with a camera capable of passing QC. The sensors are far too small.

I'm not so sure. Provided the light is good and your subject isn't moving, I think there are plenty of mobile images that would pass QC. The ones I wanted to submit were 4000x3000 pixels so good enough for most purposes. But these are exceptions that prove the rule and if you're going to set up an automated quality barrier it's probably a good rule of thumb not to allow mobile images. 

9 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Alamy state they don't accept mobile phone images here:

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3

"

We currently don’t accept mobile/cell phone stock photography through FTP or Alamy upload but photos taken on a mobile/cell phone can be uploaded via our iPhone app Stockimo.

If you take photos on your iPhone and want to make some money, download Stockimo, share your photos and we’ll sell them on Alamy and through our distribution network. There’s lots of information on our help page and over on the Stockimo website. Download Stockimo from the App Store and start uploading now."

In many ways I tend to agree with you given that images uploaded via Stockimo end up in exactly the same place (i.e. Alamy's marketplace) as images uploaded via FTP or Alamy upload. But it's their game, their rules.

Right. Yes, I did see that, but also saw they say mobile photos are "unlikely" to pass QC, which suggests the might accept them. But I didn't know if they had an automated barrier for mobile images - they do. I'm not sure I can be bothered to submit via another platform. You'd have to caption and do your editing on a desktop (sorry I'm not doing that on my mobile), then send them to Dropbox or somewhere and then upload via your mobile. Life's too short.

14 minutes ago, Richard Gray said:

I'm not so sure. Provided the light is good and your subject isn't moving, I think there are plenty of mobile images that would pass QC. The ones I wanted to submit were 4000x3000 pixels so good enough for most purposes. But these are exceptions that prove the rule and if you're going to set up an automated quality barrier it's probably a good rule of thumb not to allow mobile images. 

Pixel numbers are never the issue, it's the quality of each pixel that counts, tiny sensors equal poor quality. You're right, there can be exceptions, but Alamy trades on high quality and achieves this by removing likely sources of unacceptable imagery. Mobile phones and any camera with a tiny sensor have always been excluded, and I wouldn't think that'll change in the near future.
In the end, you've got an iPhone, so just send them in via Stockimo, which I believe has all you need to caption, tag and upload directly from your phone - no need for a desktop.

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/stockimo.asp

Archived