GO on then, do your worst!

Colblimp

On 11/03/2019 at 11:25, Colblimp said:

When I'm holding the camera, it's as if there's a wall protecting me from the public, if that makes sense?  Additionally, because I use big pro cameras with f2.8 glass, I look the part so 99% of the time people accept my presence.  I'm actually a shy person in reality! 

Believe it or not, I also feel quite shy about photographing people (even though I've done it for 40 years now). I was once told by a picture editor that I was..."too nice to be a press photographer", which I took as a compliment (but it wasn't meant as one).

I have carried a press card since 1981, which I sometimes "flash", and have even been known to wear it on a lanyard around my neck, which helps with my incredible insecurity issues (to quote Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull). This - and a big camera - helps with situations like marches (image 1 below). Where possible, I also ask permission to take photos, and then stand back for a while to let the subject forget I'm there (as with image 2).

KK23DT.jpg
PYXJAD.jpg

On 11/03/2019 at 23:08, Colblimp said:

We should form a 'size matters' group!!! 😂

I couldn't possibly comment . . .

DD

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, escapetheofficejob said:

Sterling work great eye for a pic. Im just sad I wont get a chance to try the live news more than once given the new rules as you have used it to great effect.

Thanks for your kind words!  Make sure you apply to Alamy.

Archived