Hello! I seen Sony RX100 M6 at london drugs is it new model of Sony or it was long ago when it came up?

I am Using Sony RX100 M3 wanted to upgrade

any body using Sony Rx100 M6?

is it worth it?

any advice for me?

i still doesn't have any income from Alamy im trying to put more effort

Yes and yes.

It was announced June 2018.

The search function of this forum has just been updated. But it struggles to return results for RX100 AND M6.

https://discussion.alamy.com/search/?q=rx100 m6&updated_after=any&sortby=newest&search_and_or=and

will get you a load of posts where sometimes but not always the M6 or Mk6 is mentioned.

The 200mm is nice when you need it. The AF and eye-AF are a lot quicker and more accurate than the M5.

Here's the side-by-side comparison of all features on DPreview.

Especially on the wide end there's quite a bit of computational image quality going on. Meaning there's not a whole lot of room to move so to speak in Photoshop. If you're fine with that, the only problem will be the higher price tag.

I am keeping my M5 just in case. But I'm almost always using the M6.

I have had some serious difficulty with the WiFi, which I use a lot (like here: 1; 2; 3).

I have not found a way of testing the M5 and M6 under the exact same conditions when stuff goes wrong. In the studio there's no difference. And on the street the problems may well be lots of interference and not a problem of the camera or the phone. However in 1 case the M5 worked while the M6 would not work at all. It could also be a software problem in the app, which will be succeeded by a totally new one in the coming weeks. As always everything is a bit in flux with Sony.

wim

Wim, could you tell me please if there is any difference between the autofocus on your M5 and M6. I have an M6 and M3. The newer Sony's autofocus is dramatically better than the M3.

Never mind that question, Wim. I see on the DPreviw chart you posted that the V, VA, and V6 all have the same faster autofocus. Thanks.

Rose, that little Sony M6 is my main stock camera at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Wim, could you tell me please if there is any difference between the autofocus on your M5 and M6. I have an M6 and M3. The newer Sony's autofocus is dramatically better than the M3.

Never mind that question, Wim. I see on the DPreviw chart you posted that the V, VA, and V6 all have the same faster autofocus. Thanks.

Rose, that little Sony M6 is my main stock camera at the moment.

The eye AF is better. Not sure if it's possible to measure regular AF for mortals. It's just a feel that it's better.

I'll give it some thinking.

wim

Archived