Are these picked-up 'unfilled seaches' filtered through a human brain?

There's a picneed today for #AlamyPicNeeds: Agouti fur colour cat

An agouti is not a cat, but a rodent.

I hope Alamy isn't suggesting that we put in incorrect keywords in order to accommodate the ignorance of some customers. That way the search would be even worse than it is now.

(Side question: does everyone else put 'colour' as a keyword for a colour photo? I don't, though I put monochrome or toned in the very few cases where that is appropriate.)

False alarm.

Agouti fur cat is a very normal search term and has nothing to do with rodents. It's about a cat or any other domesticated mammal having  a certain type of striped coloration.

wim

edit: google images

The opposite is non-agouti, e.g. a black cat.

16 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

False alarm.

Agouti fur cat is a very normal search term and has nothing to do with rodents. It's about a cat or any other domesticated mammal having  a certain type of striped coloration.

wim

edit: google images

The opposite is non-agouti, e.g. a black cat.

Oh, thanks for that info.

I assumed it was the same sort of misapprehension as the often misdescribed 'civet cat'.

Apologies.

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

There's a picneed today for #AlamyPicNeeds: Agouti fur colour cat

An agouti is not a cat, but a rodent.

In fact, "agouti" is often used as a colour, in cats, rats, mice, guinea pigs, etc.  It refers to a flecked mixture of black and brown hairs (like an Agouti).

Archived