Matteo Lod

Hi Guys

I ve just joined the alamy community and I would like to share with you my portfolio (I know there are only few photos at the moment, I just started :) ). 

My dad passed me his passion for photography and I m so excited to share my snaps with you.

Feel free to have a look at my portfolio, any tips or suggestions are more than welcome! :)

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/mattlod

Cheers 

Hello Matteo,

Welcome to Alamy. You are up against high class competition here with many professional photographers flogging their wares so there is inevitably  much to learn.

The two things that immediately stand out for me are:

1.  If you are selling your images as RF and they contain people or property (trademarks, copyright work and many other categories) they should be marked as Editorial Only in the Optional information tab in the Alamy Image Manager (AIM). I know it says optional, but much of the info in there is somewhat less than optional.

2.  Some of your images look under-exposed (example: RBDYC1) and others lack contrast (RBYG0A). Have a look at the portfolios of some long-standing contributors on this forum to get an idea of what you need to aim at. You will need to master post-processing as well as pressing a shutter button.

There is a lot of information on those two topics and much else on this forum. Also, read thoroughly the introductory material in Alamy's own blog, eg. Selling Your Images on Alamy . Time taken to delve into it will be well-rewarded. However, it will take time, few people begin to make significant sales with less than 1000 images in their portfolio.

Have fun.

44 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Hello Matteo,

Welcome to Alamy. You are up against high class competition here with many professional photographers flogging their wares so there is inevitably  much to learn.

The two things that immediately stand out for me are:

1.  If you are selling your images as RF and they contain people or property (trademarks, copyright work and many other categories) they should be marked as Editorial Only in the Optional information tab in the Alamy Image Manager (AIM). I know it says optional, but much of the info in there is somewhat less than optional.

2.  Some of your images look under-exposed (example: RBDYC1) and others lack contrast (RBYG0A). Have a look at the portfolios of some long-standing contributors on this forum to get an idea of what you need to aim at. You will need to master post-processing as well as pressing a shutter button.

There is a lot of information on those two topics and much else on this forum. Also, read thoroughly the introductory material in Alamy's own blog, eg. Selling Your Images on Alamy . Time taken to delve into it will be well-rewarded. However, it will take time, few people begin to make significant sales with less than 1000 images in their portfolio.

Have fun.

Thank you very much! :)

I ll definitely take your advise on board. 

Thank you Joseph 

Matteo ( Joseph ),

You have some very licensable images, FYI I do not sell images, Alamy licenses them, but you really

need to put more work into you IPTC (captions) information.  I spend as much time as I can find to

research my caption information and keywords.  With only 900 images online with Alamy they produce

over 70 licenses a year and have since I had only 400 images online.

Good luck

Chuck

On 1/17/2019 at 13:29, Matteo Lod said:

Hi Guys

I ve just joined the alamy community and I would like to share with you my portfolio (I know there are only few photos at the moment, I just started :) ). 

My dad passed me his passion for photography and I m so excited to share my snaps with you.

Feel free to have a look at my portfolio, any tips or suggestions are more than welcome! :)

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/mattlod

Cheers 

hi matteo,

rich here from the pub. glad to see you joined. yes i agree, You have some very licensable images, look forward to seeing more. we'll chat more when i see you!

as somebody else said, keywords, captions very important.....amongst other important info. 

good luck,

rich

Archived