Any tips appreciated

I forgot to mention earplugs.  I got industrial plugs which are connected by a piece of flexible plastic so you always have a pair.  With music it doesn't matter how much noise you cut out, you'll still get the shots.  Even -15db will stop your ears ringing the next morning.  Just use them and don't worry about missing anything - you won't.

Thanks so much for all the tips. This kind of photography in an indoors dark venue must be one of the most challenging types of photography. I think I was lucky not to get beer poured over me from behind the metal barrier between stage and crowd. Anyway, I did a 6 hour stint yesterday and caught a couple of afternoon bands today (looks like no pass available for the finale tomorrow) and, for a first attempt, not a total disaster. I bought a great pair of earplugs from Snorestore. If I I hadn’t, I don’t think I would have heard anything for at least a week. One very useful thing I learned was that an electronic shutter (which I generally use) and LED lights don’t mix. Any comments welcome, though I’m not sure I would want to make this kind of photography a habit 😏

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

16 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Love that second one with him looking straight into the camera

Thanks - doesn't look like he appreciates the picture being taken! I also learned about the 3 song rule for the bigger bands.

Archived