Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Alamy and am slowly feeling my way through the procedures. One thing I haven't been able to find an answer to is how to get a link to a specific image and/or a folder of images on Alamy. I would  like to promote my images on social media and provide a link back to an image, or a folder of images on Alamy's site. I know you can provide a search bar to search your images, but I'm looking for a different solution.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Tim Anger

You don't work with folders at Alamy. You will need to create a lightbox including the images you would like to link to. Send the lightbox url to yourself. The link can be used for potential customers, e-mailed or as a link on various media. The link can be shortened in suitable programmes on the Internet, if needed. An accompanying image will have to be uploaded in most cases. (If not in Alamy's forums, which I pressume it is not). Remember small size and very clear watermarks if you post on social media, etc., and don't want your image to be misused. The same thing can be done with a link to a single image.

https://www.alamy.com/blog/how-to-create-a-lightbox-on-alamy

Niels

Tak, Niels. I had actually discovered the LightBox feature in the interim. That's quite handy. Do you know whether there is an Alamy watermark we can download and use? Otherwise I always use my own watermark.

Cheers,

Tim

33 minutes ago, Tim Anger said:

Tak, Niels. I had actually discovered the LightBox feature in the interim. That's quite handy. Do you know whether there is an Alamy watermark we can download and use? Otherwise I always use my own watermark.

Cheers,

Tim

Alamy images are already watermarked.

1 hour ago, Tim Anger said:

No, you cannot download any Alamy watermark as such, as Mark suggests, you could probably use a smaller image from Alamy with the original Alamy watermark. In social media I often want to keep the two things apart and create a small size heavily watermarked image in sRGB (my Alamy images are in the industry standard aRGB colour space as the original recommendation on Alamy was. Today, I guess some will upload in sRGB). If I were to e-mail a collection in a lightbox, I'd probably use an image with the Alamy watermark as a front cover teaser.

Danish roots? :)

Hilsen

Niels

4 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

No, you cannot download any Alamy watermark as such, as Mark suggests, you could probably use a smaller image from Alamy with the original Alamy watermark. In social media I often want to keep the two things apart and create a small size heavily watermarked image in sRGB (my Alamy images are in the industry standard aRGB colour space as the original recommendation on Alamy was. Today, I guess some will upload in sRGB). If I were to e-mail a collection in a lightbox, I'd probably use an image with the Alamy watermark as a front cover teaser.

Danish roots? :)

Hilsen

Niels

Sounds like good advice, thanks again. And, no, just too many great Danish crime dramas LOL

Archived