What to shoot in Abu Dhabi for Alamy Stock

What to shoot in Abu Dhabi for Alamy Stock?

I have uploaded different type of images to Alamy, however the efforts and time which I spent from my very busy schedule does not seem to pay off any soon,

I have tried weather, events, and general seascapes etc but nothing seems to be working from Abu Dhabi.

Any guidance will be appreciated from senior members.

Khan.

What I know about Abu Dhabi could be written on the back of a postcard. But... what makes it special? What are the big issues, and how would you illustrate them? How is Abu Dabi coping with modernity? What do people do... for work and leisure? What images would sum up Abu Dhabi for the world's media? You know your own neighbourhood better than any visitor! Good luck...

I get 5 pages @100 in All of Alamy for %Abu Dhabi%, Surely there must be some subjects that you could shoot in a way that clients want to buy it?

Go to AoA.

Set the Results per page to 100.

Set the date as far back as possible (at this moment it's November 1, 2017).

Start with %Abu Dhabi% as a search. (The %% is a database thing.)

After that fill in every local subject you can think of.

You can download the results as a spreadsheet and study them off line.

You are competing with 43,137 images of Abu Dhabi, so you do need to study the competition and determine if your images are as good or better.

If not, stick to subjects with very few results.

For that, click on Views so that the least views come first.

Now shoot every subject with less than 100 views. For Abu Dhabi, that's almost 300 subjects.

Just to check what sort of imagery is used by clients, it's a good idea to use Google Images with the exact same keywords as on Alamy.

Look at Google Images as the demand and Alamy as the supply side of things.

So if the results on Google are all stock images too, then there's probably more supply than demand.

wim

6 hours ago, wiskerke said:

I get 5 pages @100 in All of Alamy for %Abu Dhabi%, Surely there must be some subjects that you could shoot in a way that clients want to buy it?

Go to AoA.

Set the Results per page to 100.

Set the date as far back as possible (at this moment it's November 1, 2017).

Start with %Abu Dhabi% as a search. (The %% is a database thing.)

After that fill in every local subject you can think of.

You can download the results as a spreadsheet and study them off line.

You are competing with 43,137 images of Abu Dhabi, so you do need to study the competition and determine if your images are as good or better.

If not, stick to subjects with very few results.

For that, click on Views so that the least views come first.

Now shoot every subject with less than 100 views. For Abu Dhabi, that's almost 300 subjects.

Just to check what sort of imagery is used by clients, it's a good idea to use Google Images with the exact same keywords as on Alamy.

Look at Google Images as the demand and Alamy as the supply side of things.

So if the results on Google are all stock images too, then there's probably more supply than demand.

wim

Dear Wim,

tha ks for the detailed answer, I will definitely go through the AoA and will follow what you said. I am fed up of looking my dashboard for the same zooms and same sales over and over. Although my port at Alamy is not that big but still. Anyhow, I really appreciate your time and advice.

khan.

9 hours ago, John Morrison said:

What I know about Abu Dhabi could be written on the back of a postcard. But... what makes it special? What are the big issues, and how would you illustrate them? How is Abu Dabi coping with modernity? What do people do... for work and leisure? What images would sum up Abu Dhabi for the world's media? You know your own neighbourhood better than any visitor! Good luck...

Thanks a lot for the response, I am really looking into different subject matters and hope to implement your advice in my next shooting.

khan.

Wim:  " For that, click on Views so that the least views come first."  Where do you find "Views"?  And I don't understand the "%%" you used before and after Abu Dhabi.  When I used that (%Abu Dhabi%) in the search box it found nothing.  To see "Views" do you have to use a spreadsheet?

Ollie

27 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Wim:  " For that, click on Views so that the least views come first."  Where do you find "Views"?  And I don't understand the "%%" you used before and after Abu Dhabi.  When I used that (%Abu Dhabi%) in the search box it found nothing.  To see "Views" do you have to use a spreadsheet?

Ollie

I'm not Wim but perhaps I can help.

Go to Alamy Measures, All of Alamy, on your dashboard. Click on the heading "Views" (column before last) and it will sort results.

%Abu Dhabi% in the search term box returns 3 pages at 20 views per page for the last month.

No spreadsheet involved.

Hope it helps.

Gen

On 11/20/2018 at 07:21, Ollie said:

Ollie

Dear Ollie,

I used %abu dhabi% and as described it gave me the result, which I checked and there is quite a lot to photograph. I am still learnig this research thing.

Khan

Archived