Dear Members,

I want to get some real advice. Currently I own a Nikon d810, a 50mm 1.8G and The Latest Tamron Sp90 Macro Lense.

I am very much impressed by the drone imagery and want to get hands on that side of the business. However I do not have $1499 to buy dji mavic pro2. I have two options either to stick with my kit and do provide stock photos from ground or sell my nikon kit and buy drone.

please guide me, will I regret selling my nikon over drone?

Before you can sell drone footage commercially you will almost certainly need to undertake formal training and comply with the regulations imposed in whichever country you are filming. In the UK this means being licenced by the Civil Aviation Authority, The cost of the training, the licence and the required insurance costs all need to be factored into your decision. The cost of the drone itself is only a part of the equation. Do some detailed research on the requirements for undertaking commercial drone photography in your location, it will help you to make an informed decision.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Before you can sell drone footage commercially you will almost certainly need to undertake formal training and comply with the regulations imposed in whichever country you are filming. In the UK this means being licenced by the Civil Aviation Authority, The cost of the training, the licence and the required insurance costs all need to be factored into your decision. The cost of the drone itself is only a part of the equation. Do some detailed research on the requirements for undertaking commercial drone photography in your location, it will help you to make an informed decision.

Thanks a lot for detailed answer, I am living in Abu Dhabi, UAE and I am also considering other costs and regulations, will dig more

Archived