My ranking seems to have fallen badly over the last 6 months. I have been with Alamy for many years and have grossed a total of almost 350,000 US$ in sales. Is the value of a contributors overall sales included in their ranking and if not should it be ?

8 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

My ranking seems to have fallen badly over the last 6 months. I have been with Alamy for many years and have grossed a total of almost 350,000 US$ in sales. Is the value of a contributors overall sales included in their ranking and if not should it be ?

Let me get this straight. You've grossed $350,000 from a port of 5,243 pix... and you feel aggrieved?

Gotta say that I sort off reacted the same way asJohn when I read this post from Travelshots.I can only dream of such figures. Looking at the port (briefly) I think its a pretty good return on the investment and your ranking must be ok. Although not the point of the original question curiousity prompts me to ask how many years are you talking about to reach this gross. You may not want to answer but thats ok.🙄.

I think this is a question that only Alamy can answer.. any answer from a fellow contributor is just going to be pure speculation (based on some observations usually) or hearsay. And Alamy are unlikely to give a direct answer as how their search engine works is a secret that they seem to hold onto very tightly.

1 hour ago, Futterwithtrees said:

Gotta say that I sort off reacted the same way asJohn when I read this post from Travelshots.I can only dream of such figures. Looking at the port (briefly) I think its a pretty good return on the investment and your ranking must be ok. Although not the point of the original question curiousity prompts me to ask how many years are you talking about to reach this gross. You may not want to answer but thats ok.🙄.

14 years .  I joined Alamy just after it started. in those days it was possible to finance shoots in Europe and other places. ... sadly not any more unless you spend your whole life living out of a suitcase and no mortgage .

Archived