Filezilla uploads

37 minutes ago, Russell said:

Alamy's FTP server does not support TLS. They may upgrade it one day, but don't hold your breath. If you select the option "Use explicit Ftp over TLS if Available" it will work just fine.

Thanks, Russell: that's how I have FileZilla set up already, though!  Don't remember Filezilla ever presenting me with a 'warning' dialog before.

On 03/09/2018 at 13:14, losdemas said:

Getting the following message:

"Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS."

Temporary fault?  Are you aware of this, Alamy?

I've always ignored it, but I've never got a dialogue box, just a line in the status.

• 6 months later...

Tried using FTP today for the first time. After uploading, should images appear in Image Manager on the website as if they were a web upload? Mine haven't - there seems to be a lack of articles clearly explaining the simple process. Thanks for any advice.

22 minutes ago, Josef said:

Tried using FTP today for the first time. After uploading, should images appear in Image Manager on the website as if they were a web upload? Mine haven't - there seems to be a lack of articles clearly explaining the simple process. Thanks for any advice.

They may well be there by the time you read this- they can take a couple of hours to appear.

Just double-check you sent them to the correct  remote folder. It's called /stock

Archived