Reviewing Old Images pre-PP Skills

I was going through some of my old RAW files, and noticed so many that I didn't upload due to lighting or colour issues.

Then I also was going through some of my dog show images and realized not only was the PP pretty bad, but so were the images.  Mediocre at best against thousands of much better ones.

I had stopped taking dog show images as I figured how many does one need, and then realized I should basically scrap the ones I have (or a good many of them), redo some now that my PP skills have greatly improved, and start taking much better ones.

Since Adobe added the adjustment brush to ACR/LR, I have found it the handiest tool there is.

Have many of your revisited some older images you didn't upload now that the PP software has greatly improved?

Jill

I have done a few Jill and am thinking of reworking more.

In the absence of being able to shoot a lot of new images it seems the way to go.

Also the reworked images are seen by Alamy engine as "New" which keeps you in the buyers eye.

Allan

3 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I was going through some of my old RAW files, and noticed so many that I didn't upload due to lighting or colour issues.

Then I also was going through some of my dog show images and realized not only was the PP pretty bad, but so were the images.  Mediocre at best against thousands of much better ones.

I had stopped taking dog show images as I figured how many does one need, and then realized I should basically scrap the ones I have (or a good many of them), redo some now that my PP skills have greatly improved, and start taking much better ones.

Since Adobe added the adjustment brush to ACR/LR, I have found it the handiest tool there is.

Have many of your revisited some older images you didn't upload now that the PP software has greatly improved?

Jill

I haven't replaced any, yet, but have mined my hard drives and developed some I failed at the first time around when, like you, my skills were wanting. Not only my skills, but we do have better software now as you pointed out in regard to the adjustment brush.

I'll bet there are a lot of images on Alamy that were developed poorly in the early days of digital. If all of those were either deleted or reworked, the whole collection would benefit. 

There would be a lot of images that might flip from the bottom of the barrel.

Betty

49 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I haven't replaced any, yet, but have mined my hard drives and developed some I failed at the first time around when, like you, my skills were wanting. Not only my skills, but we do have better software now as you pointed out in regard to the adjustment brush.

I'll bet there are a lot of images on Alamy that were developed poorly in the early days of digital. If all of those were either deleted or reworked, the whole collection would benefit. 

There would be a lot of images that might flip from the bottom of the barrel.

Betty

I plan to spend this evening going through some of the old images and copying some over to a folder to be reworked.  Some that are already on Alamy and others I never uploaded. Probably around 50-100 I could upload that I never did and oodles to be reprocessed and eventually replace the original uploads.

Jill

Archived