Is this how it works?

Relates to previous query...  I had an error showing in the upload in a batch uploaded on 2nd.  I think it's possible that I uploaded a test render (smaller than min size) in error and that this has now resulted in a QC failure because the error went away after 5 days or so. Is it actually the case that everything will just show pending for 28 days before there is an actual result?

OK, the batch has ended up "partial fail", 10 passed, 0 failed, 2 errors.  Now that I can see the IDs, I remember that I accidently saved these with a degree of compression I wouldn't normally use.  To the eye, these are not distinguishable from the original TIFFs so must have been picked up by software rather than the human reviewer, hence "error" rather than "fail".

In terms of the passed images / other new images, at what point can I upload as I see nothing about a wait time?

Partial fail can be caused by interruptions to the uploader and don't count as QC failures. Just reload them again and they should go up for QC ok.

The passed images will be available to keyword now and once all relevant fields are filled in they will be picked up on the next refresh, probably tomorrow morning.

OK, the batch has ended up "partial fail", 10 passed, 0 failed, 2 errors.  Now that I can see the IDs, I remember that I accidently saved these with a degree of compression I wouldn't normally use.  To the eye, these are not distinguishable from the original TIFFs so must have been picked up by software rather than the human reviewer, hence "error" rather than "fail".

In terms of the passed images / other new images, at what point can I upload as I see nothing about a wait time?

If the degree of compression resulted in below-par images, you would have earned a regular "fail", no ifs and buts. If however you compressed tiffs (from which you saved jpgs) and there really was no discernible effect on quality, i.e. if the quality of the image was not in any way compromised, they would "pass". Software ain't gonna determine, by interrogating a jpeg, what you did to the originating tiffs, nor does Alamy care.

It's more likely they were saved as progressive jpg or, as Alex said above, interruption of the upload, or some other corruption of the files during upload/receipt.

dd

@Alex - Whew, thanks - I was going to upload the 10 again and they are there waiting to be managed

@Dusty - It would be too much of a coincidence - I had just installed a new version of PSP where the default save as uses a lot of compression so the file sizes were very very small for the dimensions - I had noticed this when FTPing to other sites but had binned the TIFFS at that point and they look just fine.

Archived