Prints and postcards

Marb

I am beginning to think about fine art prints of landscapes of my local area and selling in shops that may be interested. Can anyone suggest any good online services that offer runs of postcards for colour and B/W prints, and even business cards ?

Thanks.

Marb,

I did sales of signed limited edition prints for a few years and it worked well as a matter of fact

I am looking at doing it again, but the problem is that people will take your print and scan it and

then start licensing their scan of your image as their own.  The old solution was to make all prints

for sale over 8.5 x 11 do it does not fit into a desktop scanner, but now with HQ digital cameras

it is not difficult to just photograph the print.

For signed limited edition prints I used an high-end Epson printer with "INKPRESS 300 GSM"

acid free paper, which in theory had a 200+ year display life.  My prints were selling for over

$300 each, for a smaller fee I know many photographers that use COSTCO to make the prints.

They can be very good, but you need to know the color space for the specific COSTCO, available

from the COSTCO site online.

Chuck

On 6/8/2018 at 22:18, Chuck Nacke said:

Marb,

I did sales of signed limited edition prints for a few years and it worked well as a matter of fact

I am looking at doing it again, but the problem is that people will take your print and scan it and

then start licensing their scan of your image as their own.  The old solution was to make all prints

for sale over 8.5 x 11 do it does not fit into a desktop scanner, but now with HQ digital cameras

it is not difficult to just photograph the print.

For signed limited edition prints I used an high-end Epson printer with "INKPRESS 300 GSM"

acid free paper, which in theory had a 200+ year display life.  My prints were selling for over

$300 each, for a smaller fee I know many photographers that use COSTCO to make the prints.

They can be very good, but you need to know the color space for the specific COSTCO, available

from the COSTCO site online.

Chuck

Thanks.

Archived