Do images submitted as "news" get added to my regular catalog?

10 hours ago, Martin B said:

Do images uploaded to the live news feed get added to my regular catalog of images, or do I need to resubmit them?

Yes, two or three days later they'll be transferred. The time can vary a bit due to server updates.

Niels

11 hours ago, Martin B said:

Do images uploaded to the live news feed get added to my regular catalog of images, or do I need to resubmit them?

But you will probably want to tag, set other options and perhaps revise the caption to reflect the more archival nature of stock. Interestingly stock that has come through the news channel retains the longer caption permitted for news submissions; or it did last time I submitted news.

Some people do resubmit because they can improve the image in post production. I tend not to because it loses the connection with the original news submission. I have only resubmitted when I can significantly improve the OOC jpgs that I submit for news (e.g. opening up blocked up shadows on a bright, contrasty day) by processing the RAW version (I always shoot news as raw+jpg).

Archived