Image found online with Alamy watermark

I found an image of mine from Alamy on a major online newspaper yesterday. It had the Alamy stamp in the lower left corner. I see no sign of any zooms or sales in my images. I don't check everyday and have only sold one image here so I am not too sure about any lag time in between a sale and posting.

Any information out there?

It can take a few months for newspapers sales  to appear in your stats. You could  always tell contributer services that you've found a watermarked image being used by a newspaper. If it's one of the big papers it's probably just a mistake by the newspaper that will go through as a sale in the normal way.

When you say 'Stamp' do you mean a watermark on the face of the image, or just a byline below the picture......

If it is the byline then they have acknowledged that it is an Alamy image, and you'll probably get paid in about three months time (not much I'm afraid)

Best wishes - nice pictures avoid similars.........

Awesome guys...thanks for the information. I wasn't too worried about it considering the source and the acknowledgment, just curious of the time it may take to show up as a transaction.

The Alamy watermark was exactly like the ones in the article above.

Thanks again...

I found a couple of images with my byline this month on Guardian online. Advised MS and was credited with the sales within DAYS - a massive $8.40 each.

Certainly worth letting MS know immediately even though you will get the usual "wait three months letter", as I did!

dov

• 3 weeks later...

Still curious about this...I did get a reply from MS giving me the three month explanation, which I understand. Should I have seen a zoom on this image though already?

I do have a substantial library I am getting ready to work on uploading, just wondering how much time would be wise to spend on this right now. 

Still curious about this...I did get a reply from MS giving me the three month explanation, which I understand. Should I have seen a zoom on this image though already?

I do have a substantial library I am getting ready to work on uploading, just wondering how much time would be wise to spend on this right now. 

Nope. Many sales have never been zoomed.

Nope. Many sales have never been zoomed.

Got it...thank you

Archived