Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just completing my first infringement claim via Pixsy (probably the first of a few, if it goes well!


As a UK resident, I am completing the W-8BEN form, but it appears (correct me if I'm wrong) that I have to pay the IRS 30% tax (gulp!) on any settlement, unless I submit a Foreign Tax Identifying Number.  For UK citizens, is this my Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)? Or is it a number issued by the IRS on completion of more arduous forms?! And if I enter my UTR on Pixsy's form, are there more hoops to jump through/forms to fill before I can complete the W-8BEN?


Many thanks


EDIT: hold up, I think I may have it.  Am I correct in thinking that in order to avoid paying the 30% tax to the IRS, I have to fill in the W7 (Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) form, then submit that to the IRS?  If so, can I do that online and how long would it take?


Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.