Calling vintage car buffs

Colin Woods

It might have some Citroen mechanicals - look at the narrow front wheels/tyres and their camber indicating a 2CV or Dyane 6 set-up - but the rest is a kit or special. Citroen have made nothing like this, and I suspect the reproduction badge (which is a style from before WW2) is a token add-on. If this were a true Citroen it would have their "double chevron" symbol somewhere on the radiator. As the registration plate is Dutch maybe you can narrow-down the search to private special/kit car makers from that country.

Ed Buziak.

Looks like a Burton 2000 to me . . .

dd

and on checking, it is . . . Burton 2000 Roadster.

dd

Wow, that was quick.Thanks for that, and its not a Citroen at all. That explains why all that googling led me nowhere. The dutch plate is a red herring - its a Quebec car and here in Quebec we are not obliged to have a front number plate, only the back. I have no idea why, its the only country where I have ever seen this. As a result of this people put any kind of plate they like on the front, like this Dutch one. 

Cheers

Col

Archived