Good afternoon all

When tagging an image, what balance do we split between descriptive terms and others like "teamwork"....competitive, stability..etc. does it increase zooms or sales...or seem a waste of allowance of tags we have. 

I look forward to replies because concept tags have not been high up my list of priorities...maybe I have been wrong on this for a while.

Thanks

Best regards

Sparks

Your best bet would be to do some searching in AoA and see how often these terms are used in searching.  Even then, that is only a sampling of the searches done on Alamy.  Anyone know the percentage of searches AoA offers in comparison to actual searches by other signed in buyers?

Jill

1 hour ago, sparks said:

Good afternoon all

When tagging an image, what balance do we split between descriptive terms and others like "teamwork"....competitive, stability..etc. does it increase zooms or sales...or seem a waste of allowance of tags we have. 

I look forward to replies because concept tags have not been high up my list of priorities...maybe I have been wrong on this for a while.

Thanks

Best regards

Sparks

Good question, Sparks - certainly i don't use/think of concepts very frequently, and probably should do more, though most of my images are "straight editorial" usage potentially. 

Concept as a search term is frequently used by purchasers according to AoA, and I should probably be using it more often than I do.

1 hour ago, Jill Morgan said:

Your best bet would be to do some searching in AoA and see how often these terms are used in searching.  Even then, that is only a sampling of the searches done on Alamy.  Anyone know the percentage of searches AoA offers in comparison to actual searches by other signed in buyers?

Jill

Jill - I too would be interested to know how the number of purchasers, or possibly more usefully, the number of searches represented by the AoA figures is compared with the total numbers Alamy receives. All I am aware of is that the figures in AoA represent searches by a group of what Alamy feels are regular buyers

Kumar (the Doc one)

Archived