Re upload of images

Hi,

I am looking to replace some of my images that I have uploaded with improved versions. Do I just delete the images and reupload through QC again? Will images be deleted right away or sit around for 180 days before being deleted. (I think I read somewhere that it takes 180 days?? I could be wrong.

Thanks

Hai

Best thing is to 

1. Re-upload the improved images and wait till they pass QC
  2. Remove all the keywords and captions in the old images - just leaving some minimal nonsense in as you won't be able to leave everything blank. 
  3. Include the Alamy code of the old image in the keywords of the new image - just in case a potential buyer (or a previous buyer) has the code bookmarked for future purchase (you never know!). That way the same image can still be found. 
  4. Wait for a decent spell before finally deleting the old images. 

38 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Best thing is to 

1. Re-upload the improved images and wait till they pass QC
  2. Remove all the keywords and captions in the old images - just leaving some minimal nonsense in as you won't be able to leave everything blank. 
  3. Include the Alamy code of the old image in the keywords of the new image - just in case a potential buyer (or a previous buyer) has the code bookmarked for future purchase (you never know!). That way the same image can still be found. 
  4. Wait for a decent spell before finally deleting the old images. 

Thanks losdemas

I will do that. Good idea to include Alamy code of the old image in the keywords of new image.

Cheers

Hai :)

No, you don't get to keep the old ID. I haven't done it recently because my processing has been perfect for some timeB)

Come to think of it, keeping the old version and just copying over is probably a better idea anyway, in case the old one is on a lightbox somewhere.

In AIM you can search for "oldref OR newref" and copy the tags over. I'd probably do that nowadays.

So I'm recommending something I don't even do myself. Ah well. I obviously need a nice refreshing glass of cow juice.

Archived