Not sold a single image yet

I have not read the entire thread,  however i am sure that many have said you have to get more on Alamy,  it is a numbers game the more you have the better the chances of a sale,  as you can see i have over 7,000 with Alamy and i battle to sell 10 images per year,  i am not having a go at Alamy,  it is todays market with so many images and archives out there it will always be tough to make a lot of sales, unless you have the numbers,  so get very busy start shooting and  uploading.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Paul.

I have not read the entire thread,  however i am sure that many have said you have to get more on Alamy,  it is a numbers game the more you have the better the chances of a sale,  as you can see i have over 7,000 with Alamy and i battle to sell 10 images per year,  i am not having a go at Alamy,  it is todays market with so many images and archives out there it will always be tough to make a lot of sales, unless you have the numbers,  so get very busy start shooting and  uploading.

Paul, I have 7,000+ pix here too. But if I was only licensing 10 pix per year, I'd be tempted to pack it in... :unsure:

Paul, I have 7,000+ pix here too. But if I was only licensing 10 pix per year, I'd be tempted to pack it in

Yep! i kid you not,  don't know where i am going wrong with Alamy my sales are low and slow, compared elsewhere,  my downfall might be that i have only marked a few areas in the distributor scheme.

I admit that i do get envious when i read the how was your month threads,  some people do very well with Alamy!

Have a good one everybody.

Cheers,

Paul.

I must admit when i read 7000 images and sold 10 a year it rather put me off.

Don't be put off by what i am saying,  their are plenty people here doing very well with much less than 7,000 images,  for reasons not known to me my work dose not suit Alamy clients,  somebody once told me that i am in the wrong stable with what i have to offer,  this must be rite as one of my archives in Germany sell between 100 and  150 images per year,  now with saying that'  i do have 11,000 plus with them.

So don't be put off by me here,  just keep sticking them on,  hopefully you will see some results in time.  :)

Cheers,

Paul.

I have been with Alamy for a year and sold 10 licences out of 400 images. 

Well done Semmick!,  i think your advantage is being in the UK, i am sure local publishers in the UK would search Alamy for local material as Alamy has a lot of UK images and Themes to choose from.

Cheers,

Paul.

Apart from my hunch that Semmick is from the other side of the pond, and it is a long time since GB possessed any land there, :) - I agree with you about the UK photographers, and to some extent the US photographers. But we are many who fight against this advantage and do get some sales....

No, sorry, on second thoughts I think you are right about the UK, the spelling of licences is British. :)

@ OP: I don't think that there is anything much wrong re your images from a technical point of view however 225 images in a pool of almost 40 million isn't even a drop in the ocean.

Watch out for posting too many similar images such as your tigers; in Alamy's system generally it works against your ranking.

It is almost the blind leading the blind as to what will sell, who knows what a buyer wants to illustrate a point? Many many "mediocre" images sell; then again what constitutes mediocre? Something your peers may disapprove of? Something the local camera judge sneers at? etc. etc.  In stock library terms it is an image that has no buyer appeal.

Contributors' sales to number of images ratio depends entirely on the mix of images submitted; some make a science of stock photography and consequently do very well, other people's libraries like mine are a reflection of their own personal photography preferences, a bit like a FB page illustrated without words if you like and consequently don't do so well, the latter may not make brilliant stock photographers... again like me.

'Nuff waffle just upload loads of well keyworded variety.

G'luck, Peter.

Archived