Creative and Pseudonyms

Let me introduce myself: John. I am new to Alamy, and fairly new to stock photography (a few years). I make a living from related commissioned photography and web design on a small scale (but I'm ok with that).

I saw you can apply for Creative. Now I think I, like probably many, have 2 types of images: images I really like and find special, and images that 'do the job', not to say in a bad way, they can still be ok (I hope) - but you (or I) can't always create wonders from an image of say a cricketball, while it still may be useful to some customers.

In short: would it be beneficial to create 2 pseudonyms, one for images I feel could fit the Creative category, and one for images which are more common? Would this improve my chances for acceptance into Creative if I would only apply with the Super Pseudonym?

Cheers,

John.

Some time ago the routine was like this:

- Create a pseudonym for the creative images and move your creative images to this.

- Create a brand new Alamy account.

- Contact Alamy for an assessment of your creative  images.

- If satisfying the images can be moved to your new creative account by Alamy..

I was told so about a year or two ago - I created the account and the pseudonym - but stopped there, as I did not feel I had quite enough creative photos. But I may, in fact, have another go at it soon, as I have a number of  photos among Alamy's creatives.

I think the procedure will be the same today, but perhaps you should ask Alamy before creating the second Alamy account - as you normally only should have one.

I presume you have read about creative images on your Alamy front page http://www.alamy.com/registration/creative_upload_apply.aspx - the link will only work if you are logged in, as it points to your Alamy account.

Niels

It's pretty hard to determine where your images fall into a creative search. When I search on one of my pseudos using just the pseudo then I get no Creatives. But when I search on a more targeted search and my images that fall into that search category many come up in the creative category. IMO this is probably how it should work.

Ken

Thank you Niels, not sure if I understand - seems a little complicated, as I expected I could just use one pseudonym for my regulars and one for my better images, and than ask Alamy to asses the latter one for Creativity. But I'll have to come up with suitable ones first. Thanks anyway, hope your Creativity fares well and will be rewarding.

Thank you Niels, not sure if I understand - seems a little complicated, as I expected I could just use one pseudonym for my regulars and one for my better images, and than ask Alamy to asses the latter one for Creativity. But I'll have to come up with suitable ones first. Thanks anyway, hope your Creativity fares well and will be rewarding.

My understanding was that Alamy would not just consider one pseudo for the Creative collection - it had to be your whole portfolio and that's why togs created another account.  However, as I understand it, that process was stopped when the new buttons were introduced.

Pearl

Dear Newbie - With only 4 images on file, so far, I would suggest that as a first step you focus on uploading your portfolio. Refinements such as creative pseudos and second Alamy accounts may come later when you have a critical mass offering. It remains to be seen whether these refinements materially improve your sales rate. Once you are established you may average sales of the order of 1 per 1,000 per month. Good luck.

dov

Archived