Hi, I was accepted to Alamy in December, but then school started and I had to attend to that. Now I'm back again, and I have found that almost everything has been changed in my absence.

I have many concerns: my keywords seem to be all jumbled up and incorrect; and most of my pics are now rated "poor visibility," yet I can't figure what is different between them and the ones that are considered to have adequate visibility.

I felt so frustrated that I felt as if I couldn't comprehend any of the instructions provided, so I decided that I would do something simple and just start downloading some new photos. Well, I can't even do that! I keep getting something that says "image rejected" and "upload error." I clicked on the question mark next to "upload error" and it says, "Please check the rejection reason below and upload another file"--but there is no rejection reason stated below that I can see. It's blank.

Can anyone at least tell me possibly why this upload error keeps occurring? I'm getting very discouraged! Thank you!

Don't worry about poor discoverability. Most, if not all, of us think it can lead you astray and encourage poor keywording. Just be complete and accurate. The new Image Manager drives me crazy and I'm not alone. I like your images. Most people think it is a bit of a waste to include black and white versions. You should include scientific names of any wildlife. People do search using them. You can contact Alamy at contributors@alamy.com if you continue to have uploading problems. Meanwhile go back to reading all of the instructions that Alamy gives. Things have been changing and we are all trying to keep up.

Paulette

Jill, I tried the ftp and I thought it went well, but I noticed that it said the amount of images I downloaded today was zero, so perhaps not! I'll try again tomorrow. Paulette, what wonderful images of Africa you have! I just get to go to the nature center here in Asheville, NC.

Thanks for the help, you guys! I appreciate it.

Gloria

Thank you, Gloria. I consider myself very, very lucky to be able to do the trips I do. Africa is very compelling. I hope to get back at least one more time. By the way, some of my zoo photos have sold.

Paulette

• 6 months later...

@bifurcationpoint

I'm new here but I figured out the upload error problem:

The website upload page has a mixed of secure and non secure ressource, most of browsers consider this as a security issue, for very good reasons.

Most of them allow you to make an exception, Chrome for example display an icon on the right of URL bar.

As soon as I told the browser it was fine, the uploaded worked.

If anyone working at Alamy see this message; you can forward this to your web tech team:

http://www.alamy.com/myupload/Index.aspx?showupload=true:1 The SSL certificate used to load resources from https://bam.nr-data.net will be distrusted in M70. Once distrusted, users will be prevented from loading these resources. See https://g.co/chrome/symantecpkicerts for more information.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived